Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 2 cups of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 tbs of Baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake instructions
- Sieve flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk oil and sugar,.
- Add eggs and whisk.
- Fold in flour alternating with milk till the butter is well mixed.
- Divide half of the butter in a different tin and add cocoa powder.
- Pour the plain butter in the greased baking tin half way then add the one with cocoa on the other side.
- Bake till when skewer comes Clean from the middle.
- I used jiko I baked for 55 minutes.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.