Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble Cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble Cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble Cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- It's 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 11/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 160 g of butter or margarine.
- You need 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tablespoon of hot water.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and grease the pan with oil and dust if off with some flour..
- In a bowl put all dry ingredients (except the cocoa powder) and whisk them a bit..
- Add butter mix until the dry ingredients are crumbly and looks like coarse of sand..
- In another bowl whisk the eggs,milk,oil and vanilla until blended. Slowly add half of the egg mixture to the dry mixture until the batter becomes thick and fluffy..
- In a separate bowl mix 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder with 2 tablespoon of hot water. Stir until smooth and set aside..
- Put 1 1/2 cup batter into another bowl and stir in the chocolate mixture. Now it is time to marble the batter in to the baking tin..
- Place 3 large spoonful of batter into the pan then 3 spoonful of chocolate batter. Repeat until all batter is on the baking pan. Do not mix..
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes the turn out. If you wist to decorate let it cool completely the decorate to your liking..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.