Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of curd.
- It's 1/2 cup of oil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp of cocoa powder.
- It's of few drops of vanilla essence.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Take one kadhai and put some salt at the bottom. Now place an aluminium ring inside(the one that we use in kitchen to keep hot vessels). Cover kadai with a lid and keep it on medium flame for 15-20 mins for pre heating purpose..
- Take curd in a bowl and mix it well with spoon so that there are no lumps. Add oil and powdered sugar and mix it well with curd make sure there are no lumps..
- Take a channi/seive amd put flour+baking soda+baking pdr+pinch salt and seive properly now mix all the ingredients very well to remove lumps add little bit of water to make a smooth batter keep adding water to make cake batter like consistency..now add vanilla essence..
- Now take half of the batter in a seperate bowl and add cocoa powder to one of the bowl and mix well add a little bit of water to adjust the consistency..
- Grease the container in which u want to make the cake put little bit of oil and spread it nicely then sprinkle little bit flour in the container now pour two spoons of chocolate batter and then two spoons of normal batter and repeat the process till both the batters are finished take a toothpick and beginning from the ends drag it towards the centre of the cake and keep making such lines in the entire cake and in the end just make a circle using the same toothpick inside the batter..
- It will give you a beautiful design.Place the container in the pre heated kadai and cover the lid again let it bake inside the kadhai for 20 minutes at medium flame and then lower the flame to slow and let it cook for further 10-15minutes prick the cake at the centre with the toothpick to check if whether its completely cooked or not if the toothpick comes out clean, it means ur cake js ready.. or else cook it more until its done..
- Take the container out of the kadai and let it cool run a knife along its sides of the container after it has cooled down and invert it on a plate..The eggless marble cake is ready..
- Here I used whipped cream for decoration decorate as per ur choice and enjoy..
- NOTE:I made 2 cakes one in a circle steel vessel and the other in a round vessel..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.