Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake #baking contest. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake #baking contest using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake #baking contest
- Prepare 2 cups of sifted all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 11/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 13 TBsp of butter/margarine.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake #baking contest step by step
- Sieve all dry ingredients in one bowl I.e flour,baking powder.
- In a different bowl cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence then cream for sometime.
- Add one egg at a time creaming the mixture...do not overmix.
- Add dry ingredients in bits alternating with milk...........always start and finish with flour for good results.
- Divide batter into two,add cocoa to one,then in baking tin pour the white batter alternating with cocoa batter after you done use a knife to make swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Wallah serve with tea.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.