Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 357 g of self raising flour.
- It's 250 g of sugar.
- It's 250 g of margarine.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare of Vanilla essence.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Weigh ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees and prepare your baking tin.
- Cream 250g flour with 250g margarine.
- Beat eggs with sugar add a tsp vanilla essence.
- Add the remaining flour to creamed mixture alternating with egg mixture 3parts flour 2 parts egg mixture beginning and ending with Flour as u mix add milk at this point.
- Scoop a small amount of cake mixture add cocoa and mix well.
- Pour half of plain cake mixture to baking tin followed by cocoa mixture and then the rest of the plain mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees till ready.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.