Delicious, fresh and tasty.
You can cook Marble Cakes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble Cakes
- It's 175 of g/6oz butter or baking spread.
- It's 175 of g/6oz caster sugar.
- It's 3 of free-range eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 225 of g/8oz self-raising flour.
- It's pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of strong black coffee, cooled.
Marble Cakes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin or 20cm/8in round ti Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk in a large mixing bowl until very pale and fluffy. Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, whisking well after each addition. Then whisk in the vanilla extract..
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, then fold it gently into the butter and egg mixture. Divide the cake batter into two equal portions (about 350g each). Add the milk to one portion of the mixture, stirring in gently until well combined..
- Mix the cocoa powder and the coffee together in a mug to form a smooth paste. Stir this paste into the other portion of the cake batter until thoroughly combined. Spoon large blobs of each cake mixture into the prepared tin, alternating the flavours to give a marble effect. Bake for 50–60 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely before slicing..