Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- It's 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, room temperature.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk room temperature.
- It's 2 tbsp of dark coca powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Sift and set aside..
- In another bowl, add in sugar, butter and oil. Mix until they're very creamy. Add in vanilla extract and the eggs, 1 by 1, mixing to combine well after each addition. While still mixing, pour in the milk and continue mixing until fully combined..
- Add in 1/2 of flour mixture and mix to combine. Do not over-mix to avoid hard, dense cake. Add the rest of the flour and mix to combine also. Again do not over-mix..
- Take out 1/3 of batter and put it in a separate bowl. Pour in the melted chocolate and immediately fold everything together. Do not over-mix..
- Pour the vanilla batter into a generously greased pan. Spoon in the chocolate batter on top. Using a knife, make some swirls but not too much as we don't want the batters to mix into one..
- Bake at 160ºC preheated oven for 1 hour or until golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from the pan after 5 minutes and leave to cool completely on a rack. Slice and serve it..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.