Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- It's 1 cup of refined vegetable oil.
- It's 2 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 1 cup of whole milk.
- It's 2 tsp of vinegar.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake instructions
- Mix flour and baking powder well.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat the egg white with an electric beater till stiff peaks appear..
- Mix the egg yolk,sugar and oil in a grinder. Add the beaten egg whites to this mixture. Also add vanilla essence..
- Slowly ,2 to 3 tablespoons at a time, add the flour to the wet mixture..
- Add the vinegar to milk and let it stand for sometime..now add this milk to the cake batter..
- Divide the batter into two parts. Add cocoa to one part..
- Pour the part without cocoa in the cake tin. Layer the cocoa part on top of it..
- Now move a fork in the batter so as to slightly mix it.
- Bake at 160 C for 45 to 50 mins.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.