Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 360 g of flour.
- It's 225 g of sugar.
- It's 225 g of magarine.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 250 ml of buttermilk.
- It's 2 tbsp of unsweetened Cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- In a bowl with a mixer cream the margarine and sugar till light and fluffy..
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together and set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease your baking tin and set aside..
- Beat in one egg at a time,then add vanilla extract. Until well mix and don't over beat..
- Set aside the mixer and fold the flour in portions..
- Add the buttermilk and continue folding till smooth..
- Divide the mixture into two portions. Add unsweetened Cocoa in one portion and mix well not using a mixer but by folding..
- In the greased tin pour bit of the Cocoa mixture then the plain mixture. Keep alternating til both mixtures are in the greased tin..
- Using a skewer or toothpick make lines from the middle of the tin to the edges..
- Bake for roughly an hour. Check by dipping a skewer to check if ready, the skewer will come out clean..
- It's ready..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.