Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble Cake Recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This recipe is years in the making- in fact, I wanted to publish a marble cake in my first cookbook but couldn't perfect a recipe in time. (Though there is a marble pound cake recipe in that book!) This marble cake recipe is adapted from my butter cake recipe, which is the top-selling cake in my cafe. You can cook Marble Cake Recipe using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble Cake Recipe
- You need 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature.
- It's 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 3 of Large Eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 cup of Evaporated or Whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It's 1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Salt.
I will explain to you how do I make my version of marble cake in this recipe. A Marble Cake may look complicated, but it's actually one batter that is divided and then melted chocolate is added to one portion. This is my recipe for marble cake, which has become a family favorite over the past few years. I flavor my marble cake with almond extract as a nod to the classic German Jewish recipes.
Marble Cake Recipe step by step
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 10 inch bundt or tube pan with non-stick spray and set aside..
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside..
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat together the oil, butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated..
- Add the milk, the flour mixture, and mix it all together until it’s incorporated. Be careful to not overmix..
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan and set aside..
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining batter and mix it all together..
- Spoon the chocolate batter all over the top of the vanilla batter and make swirls by running a knife through the two batters..
- Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before inverting onto a platter..
- Drizzle your cake with some chocolate syrup or you can dust it with powdered sugar. Enjoy!.
This easy Marble Cake recipe is made with swirls of vanilla and chocolate cake! A moist and fluffy cake covered in homemade chocolate buttercream frosting! This super easy chocolate marble cake recipe has a mocha twist, adding a rich flavour. A perfect teatime treat enjoyed plain or with a chocolate drizzle. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect.