Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- It's 225 gm of self raising flour.
- It's 225 gm of sugar.
- It's 225 gm of butter/margarine.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 160° and prepare your baking tin..
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating until each egg is fully mixed before adding another one..
- Fold through the flour, milk and vanilla until the mixture is smooth..
- Divide the mixture between two bowls, add cocoa powder to one part of the mixture and mix till fully combined..
- Put your batter into the tin, alternating the plain batter with the coloured batter to have layers and spread well..
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Once the cake is fully baked, leave to cool in the tin for 10mins..
- Remove from tin and leave to cool completely..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.