Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble Cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble Cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble Cake
- Prepare 450 g of Self Raising Flour.
- Prepare 200 g of Sugar.
- You need 250 g of Margarine.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 250 ml of milk.
- You need 40 g of Cocoa Powder.
- It's of Lemon Zest.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 30 minutes..
- Sift Flour and put aside..
- Oil and dust baking tin/ sufuria with flour and put aside..
- In a large bowl, mix margarine & sugar untill well mixed..
- Add Eggs one by one to the batter while mixing..
- Add half the flour and mix well then add milk..
- Add the remaining flour followed by milk and lemon zest. Mix untill a smooth consistency is achieved..
- Pour half the batter into baking tin. Add cocoa powder into the remaining batter and mix..
- Add batter with cocoa powder into the baking tin. And use a spatula to stir gently into desired pattern..
- Place in oven and bake for 30 mins at 220°C..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.