Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Simple Marble Cake.
You can have Simple Marble Cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Marble Cake
- You need 2 cups of cake flour. Cos it's lighter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter @ room temperatures.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It's 1 table spoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of I cup butter milk.
- It's 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
Simple Marble Cake step by step
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter..
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. Add the butter, vegetable oil, white sugar and light brown sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time..
- Add the eggs two at a time, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined..
- Set aside 1 1/4 cups of batter, then divided the remaining batter between the two cake pans and set them aside. Melt the chopped chocolate, then add it to the batter that was set aside and gently fold together to combine. Drop spoonfuls of batter over the top of the vanilla batter that is already in the cake pans. Use a knife to swirl the chocolate and vanilla batters together, being careful not to over combine them..
- I ran a knife in a swirl through the cake in one direction once, then the opposite direction once and that was it. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely..