Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- It's 1.5 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 cup of oil.
- You need 1-1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curd or 2 tbsp vinegar.
- It's 2 cups of maida.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Blend sugar, oil, curd and milk together. Remove it in a bowl. Add vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients well..
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix again. Now divide the batter. Let one portion remain as it is. In another portion add cocoa powder. Mix gently..
- Now take a baking tin grease it with oil. Apply butter paper/parchment paper. Now with a spoon drop little white portion then in the middle of white add cocoa portion. Repeat it till batter is done. Now with a toothpick make the design from middle to end..
- Now in a preheated oven bake the cake for 40 mins at 180°c.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.