Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- It's 500 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 250 g of caster sugar.
- You need 250 g of butter.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's 300 ml of milk.
- It's 30 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Preheat the oven and weigh all the ingredients appropriately.
- Start by creaming in butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and sprinkle flour to avoid the cake being soggy.add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Fold in the flour following the same direction to avoid destroying the air bubbles.
- Get the quarter of the mixture and add in the cocoa powder and mix.
- Butter your baking tin,sprinkle with flour and pour half of the white mixture.then add the cocoa mixture at the middle and the remaining white at the top.
- Bake at 180°© for at least 30 minutes.to confirm if its cooked insert a skewer and if it comes out clean then its cooked.
- Serve with chocolate sauce or custard sauce.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.