Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan..
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, and milk into mixing bowl. Beat slowly to moisten, then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup batter; pour the remainder into pan..
- Stir cocoa into the 3/4 cup reserved batter. Drop by spoonfuls over top of white batter. Using a knife, swirl the cocoa batter into the white batter to incorporate it in a marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.