Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of bubble gum essence.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of margarine.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- In a bowl whisk sugar, essence, margarine and eggs..
- Add in sifted flour with baking powders. Fold it alternating with milk until a runny butter is achieved..
- Divide half of the butter in another bowl and add in sifted cocoa powder..
- Grease your baking tin and start pouring the butter alternatively, use a serving spoon. Scoop one plain spoon of butter in the middle of the tin then again scoop one spoon of cocoa butter in the middle of the tin, let it overflow on it's own don't shake the tin. Repeat the process until all is done then take a knife and cut into four quarters..
- For the quarters : make a cut from the edge of the tin towards the centre, lift the knife and again make a cut from the opposite side of the tin's edge to the centre. (a cross like shape) You can repeat that as many times as you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.