Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Webbed Marble Cake. Marbled effect using fondant and silver leaf on a double height hexagonal shaped cake. Great as an unique and modern wedding or birthday cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War. This is my recipe for marble cake, which has become a family favorite over the past few years. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix or mix the batters from scratch. You can have Webbed Marble Cake using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Webbed Marble Cake
- You need 250 g of soft butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 60 ml of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 cup of sifted cake flour.
- You need 4 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Chocolate batter:.
- Prepare 8 tsp of cocoa.
- It's 8 tsp of hot water.
- You need of Chocolate Ganache :.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- It's 150 g of choc pieces.
Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache. German Marble Cake brings back fond childhood memories for my daughters, as their Marble Cake. One pound each of sugar, flour and butter, the whites of sixteen eggs, quarter of a pound of bleached. This delicious marble cake recipe is from the "Martha Stewart Baking Handbook." Marble cake is one of my favorite dishes and I was looking all over the internet for its recipe.
Webbed Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180 °c. Cream butter and sugar together, add oil, eggs and vanilla and beat till smooth. Sift in flour and baking powder, make a well in the center and add the milk. Mix to form a smooth batter and take out 1 cup of batter and place in a separate bowl.Mix the cocoa and water together to form a paste. Add the chocolate paste to the 1 cup of batter and mix through.Grease or line 2 round pans and add bout 8 Tbs of vanilla batter in each pan and smooth it evenly out..
- Place the chocolate batter in a piping bag and from the center of the pan make a circular motion till the edge of the pans. Cover the pans with the rest of the vanilla batter and even it out. Take the chocolate batter and pipe a circle again same as before.Run a knife from the center of the cake to the edge of the pan as if you cutting the cake, don't go deep just on the top. Do this right around till a web is formed. Bake for 25 mins. Leave to cool..
- Prepare the ganache by melting 1 Tbs butter with a 1/3 cup of milk, add 150g choc pieces and stir. Leave to thicken slightly and spread evenly on 1 layer, finally add the other layer of cake on top..
This pretty Marble Cake is a combination of vanilla and chocolate batters that are swirled together just before baking to give that wonderful marbled effect. My mother who used to have authentic German marble cake all the time says that it reminds her of home. This perfect marble cake recipe is so easy to make! It features chocolate swirled vanilla cake covered in silky whipped chocolate frosting. You'll love this marble cake with chocolate frosting.