Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 500 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 250 g of margarine.
- You need 250 g of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's of vanilla essence.
- It's 20 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tb of sugar.
- It's of water.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Prepare a well greased and dusted baking tin..
- In a saucepan add the cocoa powder sugar and water... cook for 3-5 mins. leave to cool..
- Sieve the baking powder and flour together..
- In a bowl mix the margarine and sugar until fluuffy and slightly turns from yellow to white. add the eggs one at a time beating properly between each addition.. add vanila essence..
- Fold in the flour to the egg ad margerine mix. (can be added in 3 batches) the milk is added to correct the consistency of the mixture..
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the well greased tin. divide the remaining into 1/2 and mix one portion with the cocoa mixture... add to the baking tin the top with the remaining white mixture. use a fork to fold through the mixture butdo not overdo it..
- Put it in a cold oven at 180°c for 50 mins..
- Once ready cool on a wire rack and ice cold..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.