Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble Cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble Cake
- You need 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 155 gr of sugar.
- It's 340 gr of unsalted butter.
- You need 255 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 of egg whites.
- You need 100 gr of sugar.
- It's 2 tbs of cocoa powder.
- It's 1.5 tbs of warm water.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°F with the rack in the middle. Line an 8-inch round 3-inch high cake pan (or 2 loaf pans) with parchment, butter and flour..
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside..
- Cream butter and 155 gr sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment till light (very pale) and fluffy. Gradually add egg yolks into the butter and beat on medium speed till just incorporated. Add vanilla extract. Beat until well combined..
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat on medium speed till just incorporated..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites till foamy. Add 100 gr sugar in 3 batches. Beat until stiff peaks form..
- With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3-4 batches..
- Mix the cocoa powder and warm water until well combined. Add 1/4 of batter into it. Mix well..
- Pour batter into the cake pan, alternating between the two mixtures, starting with the yellow batter and ending with the cocoa mixture. Tap pan on counter several times to eliminate air bubbles. With a long skewer, swirl around the batter to create the marble effect..
- Bake for 40-55 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake come out clean. Cool on wire rack completely before serving..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.