Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- In abowl mix eggs and sugar.
- Add oil and milk and continue beating till well blended add vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl add flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat just until the batter is smooth and all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- The batter consistency should be medium, not too thick not too runny.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions, add cocoa to one leave the other plain.
- Pre heat oven @ 180 degrees.
- Mix the batter and make a swirl.
- Bake at 160°.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.