Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare of For both batter same ingredients.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1pinch of Salt.
- It's 4 tsp of Water.
- It's 1 cup of sugar fine grain.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla Extract.
- Prepare of For chocolate batter will use same ingredients only add.
- You need 1/4 cup of coco powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180*c..Take a big bowl and sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.take another bowl mix yogurt, sugar and oil in it..beat till sugar dissolves. Now add dry ingredients in it..whisk with electric beater or spatula..mix it gently till dry ingredients incorporated well. Add water if required..add vanilla Extract..same follow with other batter..add water in coco powder and add in other batter....
- Take a cake loaf tin and grease it..add vanilla batter first at the bottom of the tin then pour the chocolate batter on it.alternatively add vanilla and chocolate cake batter, allowing to spread naturally. Using a back of spoon, give a zigzag swirl to get nice design.tapped the tin so that the batter settles down evenly with no gaps in between. Place the cake into the preheated oven. Bake the cake at 180 degree Celsius for 40 min..
- Check the cake in middle to see if the baked with wooden toothpick..once done.let the cake rest in the tin.allow the cake tocool completely.later cut the cake into thick slices and serve..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.