Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 250 g of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare Half of tbsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 2/1 cups of flour.
- It's 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot water.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need of Vanilla flavour.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake instructions
- In a clean bowl, add butter, sugar and flavour and whisk properly for 10mins..
- Break your eggs in another bowl, and add into your mixture one in a time and whisk properly till its smooth..
- Add in your flour and milk and whisk properly till your batter become smooth and creamy. In another bowl scoop half of your batter. Mix the 3tbsp of cocoa powder with hot water and pour it into the batter, mix it well..
- Grease your pan with butter, and scoop in 1cup of plain batter and then 1 cup of chocolate batter on top of the plain batter. Continue with the process until you are done with the batter..
- Bake for 40 to 45mins..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.