Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- It's 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Beat the eggs, sugar and baking powder to high speed until fluffy..
- Reduce speed and add in the oil and milk and continue beating for about a minute..
- Add in the flour and mix in..
- In a separate bowl take a cup of batter and add in the cocoa powder and mix in well..
- In a greased baking tin, pour in a portion of the plain batter and tap the baking tin so the batter sits in evenly. Then add in the cocoa powder batter and finish with the plain batter. Tap the baking tin so the batter sets in evenly..
- Now take a butter knife and gently cut through the batter to mix in the batters..
- Bake the cake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes..
- Once cooked, let it cool before cutting the cake..
- Serve with tea, coffee...as desired. Enjoy..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.