Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can have Marble cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla powder.
- It's 2 3/4 cups of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Mix eggs and vanilla.
- Add to mixture the other ingredients except cocoa powder on low speed for 2 min, then on high speed for 5 min.
- Put in a circled pan with a hole in the middle half the mixture.
- Add to the other half the cocoa powder and mix for 2 min.
- Add the cocoa mixture slowly in circle to the pan over the vanilla mixture.
- Put the cake in the oven for 1 hour and a quarter.
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.