Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Marble cake. A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. A marble cake is butter cake with mottled with chocolate or with streaks of chocolate.
I initially titled this post marbled layer cake recipe. My husband's favorite cake is Marble so I thought I could make one from scratch. Instead of the cake mix kind. You can cook Marble cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble cake
- Prepare 300 g of butter.
- It's 225 g of sugar.
- It's 7 of egg yolks.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 225 g of plain flour.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of vanilla.
- It's 1/2 cup of natural cocoa powder.
I looked everywhere online and found that different sights had this same recipe. Make your marble cake using a purchased cake mix. You can bake a round layered cake or a large single layered cake. Then frost the moist marble cake with your favorite frosting or ganache.
Marble cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Spray a 10-in (12-cup) Bundt pan generously with nonstick cooking spray with flour..
- Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Scrape down the sides and add in vanilla and fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well..
- Separately, mix the egg whites until they are stiff (until the peak stands straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture)..
- Divide the batter into three portions. Stir the cocoa powder into one portion and mix well..
- Transfer the plain batter into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute evenly. Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of baking pan, and add the third portion of plain batter..
- Lightly swirl the cocoa batter with a butter knife. I usually do the "S" shape with the butter knife a few times. Do not over mix..
- Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes. If the top turns too brown before the cake is set, cover the top with aluminum foil at 20 minutes mark to prevent the top from being too brown and crusty..
- Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan, sliced and serve immediately..
This homemade Marble Cake is so moist and and buttery. Easy marble cake recipe with deep chocolate flavors. This marble cake recipe features vanilla cake swirled with chocolate for a gorgeous marble effect. This basic marble cake is probably my favorite of all the cakes so far. Marble cakes made their way to America with German immigrants before the Civil War.