Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan).
You can have Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan)
- You need 14 of eggs= use 7 whole eggs and 7 egg yolks=measure volume(500 ml for large eggs).
- Prepare of Whole milk=use 2.2 times the volume of eggs~ 1.1 liters.
- Prepare of Sugar=use 1 tbsp for every 2 eggs-7 tbsp-adjust depending on taste.
- You need of Condense milk: same as sugar.
- You need of Caramel: use about 5 tbsp or more.
- It's of Vanilla powder: 1/2 oz or liquid(1 tsp).
- It's of Some lime peels chopped.
- Prepare of **NOTE: Since egg sizes may vary, measure the volumes of eggs and milk to be consistent.
Flan Cake(French custard)(Bánh Flan) instructions
- Cooking Method: Making the caramel: Mix the sugar with 1 Tbsp of warm water in small sauce pan over low heat until brown(dark or light depending on your taste. Add 4 Tbsp of hot water, 1 Tbsp at a time and boil until the sugar is dissolved thoroughly. Pour the cramel syrup into a 2 qt ceramic container. Spread chopped lime peels evenly in the caramel surface..
- Custard step 1 :After measuring the egg volume, stir it lightly to break the egg whites, do not use mixer.
- Mix sugar, condensed milk and milk in a pan. Heat the mixture until you see small bubbles forming- around 140 degree F.
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Line a large roasting pan with 2 layers of paper towel. Pour warm water (from the faucet) into the tray..
- Slowly mix the egg mixture and warm milk in a separate container. Do not pour the milk directly on the egg mixture because it may cook the eggs..
- Mix vanilla powder(or liquid) with mixture. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into the container..
- Place the porcelain container in the roasting pan. Add hot water if needed to fill up to halfway the side of the container. Bake for 45 mins. Make sure the water does not boil while baking..
- Remove the container and allow it to cool in a coldwater bath. Once cooled, Put the container in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving..
- Note: Check the custard by inserting a toothpick in the center. If toothpick comes out clean it is cooked..