Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It's 55 Grams of Butter , unsalted.
- It's 100 Grams of Brown Sugar Light.
- Prepare quartered , 1 of Pineapple peeled , cored , and sliced.
- Prepare 6 of Maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 195 Grams of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 113 Grams of Butter , unsalted.
- It's 200 Grams of White Sugar Granulated.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 2 of Eggs , Separated.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- You need Optional 1/4 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartare -.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 Cand place rack in the center of the oven. Butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) a 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pan with three inch (7.5 cm) sides..
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Continue without stirring untile bubbles appear around the edges and sugar starts to caramelise.
- Pour onto the prepared pan.Evenly arrange the fresh prineapple pieces on top of the sugar mixture, Garnish wiht cherries if required..
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanila extract Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour mixture (in three additions), alternately with the milk (in two additions), ending with the batter..
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar just until the whites hold a firm peak. Now gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter in two additions..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, smoothing the top. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the cake has browned and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan (a toothpick inserted into the cake (not the pineapple) will come out clean).
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan and then invert the cake onto your serving plate..