Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside-down Cake.
You can have Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside-down Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- You need 1 box of Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme cake mix (with some minor ingredient changes).
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 3 large of egg yolks (reserve egg whites in medium bowl).
- Prepare 20 oz of can crushed pineapple drained (reserve juice).
- It's 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice (in place of water as listed on box).
- Prepare 1 stick of of butter.
- It's 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside-down Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a 10" iron skillet, melt butter. Add brown sugar and cook until bubbly..
- Add pineapple to sugar mixture and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In large bowl, add cake mix, reserved pineapple juice, oil and egg yolks. Mix well..
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff and thick like whipped cream. Gently fold beaten egg whites into cake batter until mixed well..
- Pour batter over pineapple mixture and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cake stand 5 minutes. Loosen edges with knife, place cake plate on top of cake, hold your breath and flip it upside-down. Enjoy!.