Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 1/4 cups of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar light.
- You need 1 can of pineapple slice,juice drained.
- Prepare 9-10 of maraschino cherries.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter room temperature.
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs large.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F..
- Take a 9" nonstick cake pan. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar.Mix well..
- Arrange the pineapple slices on the above mixture..
- Place the cherries in the center of pineapple slices..
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour,baking powder and salt..
- In another large bowl cream together room temp butter with sugar..
- Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time..
- Stir in vanilla extract and pineapple juice..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well using a hand mixer..
- Gently pour this cake batter over the pineapple slices and cherries..
- Bake the cake for about 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once out of the oven, immediately run a knife along the sides of the cake..
- Place a serving plate upside down onto pan and turn the plate and pan over..
- Leave the pan on top of the cake for about 5 min until all sugar syrup drizzle down the cake..
- Now remove the pan and cool cake for half an hour..
- Serve warm or cold..
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.