Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare of For the cake.
- Prepare 150 gms of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 150 gms of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 150 gms of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powdered.
- Prepare of quarter cup chopped pineapple.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of milk.
- You need of For the base.
- Prepare 6-7 of pineapple slices & cored.
- Prepare 10-12 of glazed cherries.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of butter.
- It's 3-4 tbsp of brown sugar/ white sugar also can be used.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- In a baking dish, melt 3-4 tbsp butter and sprinkle brown sugar/ white sugar over the butter..
- Place the pineapple slices over the butter and sugar mixture. Place glazed cherries in the center of each pineapple slice and where ever there are gaps. Set aside..
- For the cake. Preheat an oven at 200 degree for 10 mins..
- Sieve flour, baking powdered, baking soda and a pinch of salt together and set aside..
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar till light & fluffy..
- Add the eggs one at a times. Adding 1 spoon of flour for each egg. Whisk. Add vanilla essence & mix well..
- Now add the flour using cut & fold method..
- If the batter is too thick at this stage you can add milk..
- Once the batter is well mixed fold it the chopped pineapple pieces..
- Once the batter is ready, transfer to the baking dish with the prepared pineapple slices & bake for 40-45 mins at 150 degree or depending on the oven..
- Remove for oven and cool on wire rack. Once cooled turn upside down..
- Cake and serve. This cake taste best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoyyy.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.