Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Making this in an iron skillet is very handy and everyone thinks it makes for good flavor too. Remove from oven and turn onto heat-proof plate. This skillet pineapple upside-down cake is baked in a cast iron skillet and served warm.
Here is a video recipe I have been asked by numerous people to film. This is for my Cast Iron Skillet Pineapple Upsidedown Cake. Upside down cakes have been around for a long time, I can remember my grandmother making them and she hers. You can have Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare 1 box of butter golden yellow cake mix. Can make homemade cake also.
- It's 1 cup of pineapple juice from drained pineapples.
- You need 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 can of sliced or chunked pineapple (see note).
- You need 1 jar of maraschino cherries drained.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It's of ××× note×××.
- Prepare Can of use crushed pineapple but drain well.
This type of homemade cake got its name from its preparation. There's no better way to make a pineapple upside down cake, the cast iron skillet makes a big difference! Folks have been making cakes upside down for centuries—ever since the invention of the cast-iron skillet. It was one of the few cooking implements most people had—far before specialized cake pans were made, or became available.
Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- I use iron skillet but cake pan will do. Round pan will make 2 cakes.
- Place stick of butter in skillet and place in oven to melt butter..
- When melted, sprinkle brown sugar over butter and press down..
- Place pineapple rings in a circle and fill up pan..
- Place cherries in holes in pineapple..
- Mix cake according to box directions but use reserved pineapple juice in place of water..
- Pour cake batter over the top of pineapples evenly..
- Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- When cake is done, flip out cake onto a plate or pan that is bigger than the pan..
- Be careful when flipping out of pan. The sugar syrup is very hot and will burn you..
- Let cool and enjoy!.
Add pineapple and water juice mix. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. Let cool, turn upside down and cake will fall out. Break Out Your Cast-Iron Skillet For These Delicious Cakes. Is it a Carrot Cake with pineapples, or a Pineapple Cake with carrots?