Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 8 slices of pineapple.
- Prepare 100 gms of Brown sugar.
- You need 100 grams of cherries.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 gms of castor sugar.
- Prepare 100 gms of refined flour.
- You need 80 grams of refined oil.
- It's 5 grams of vanilla essence.
- It's 3 grams of pineapple essence.
- You need 3 grams of baking powder.
- It's as required of Butter for greasing.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- Grease an 8-inch baking tin with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom and arrange pineapple slices over it..
- Arrange cherries in empty space and keep the tin aside..
- Beat eggs and sugar in separate bowl until light and fluffy. The eggs will become frothy and creamy white..
- Add vanilla essence and pineapple essence and mix gently..
- Drip refined oil in eggs mixture and keep whisking all the time..
- Add sifted refined flour and baking powder in three batches in eggs and oil mixture and gently fold with the help pf spatula or spoon..
- Pour the batter over pineapple slices and bake in the preheated oven at 180-degree Celcius for 30 minutes..
- Check with toothpick and remove from oven. Let it cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before unmoulding..
- Demould the cake on a plate. Pineapple slices will be on top..
- Serve a little warm with tea or coffee..
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.