Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside-down cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- It's of For topping.
- It's 60 gm of unsalted melted butter.
- Prepare 100 gm of sugar.
- Prepare 6-8 slices of canned pineapple.
- It's 15-20 of glaced cherries.
- Prepare of For cake.
- It's 210 gm of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 115 gm of unsalted melted butter.
- Prepare 200 gm of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 60 gm of yoghurt.
- It's 120 ml of milk.
- It's 60 ml of canned pineapple syrup.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside-down cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 180°c.
- For topping 1.place 60gm butter into a 9inch pie dish or a round cake pan. 2.sprinkle 100gm sugar 3.top with pineapple slices and arrange cherries between slices.
- For cake 1. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and set aside 2.now in a bowl melt butter 3.Now by following sugar batter method mix sugar and butter to avoid lumps 4.Now add egg, yoghurt, milk, pineapple syrup and vanilla essence until mixed 5.Slowly mix the above mixture in dry ingredients and make aure no lumps formed and batter is thick.
- Now add batter into prepared pan. Make sure it does does not overflow. And if the batter exceeds the tray then put the leftover in cupcake mould.
- Now cover lightly withaluminium foil and bake for 40-48minutes and when done first check it by inserting toothpick and if it's still raw then bake it for more 20minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Now invert cake on a big serving plate.
Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means.