Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Banana and Walnut Tea Cake. Banana and walnut cake puts a really fruity twist on a classic teatime cake that everyone will love! Bananas and walnuts are a match made in heaven and you won't be able to resist a slice with a cup of tea in the company of good friends. A moist banana cake studded with walnuts, which you can choose to make into a layer cake sandwiched with cream cheese icing, or simply enjoy plain or dusted with icing sugar.
No layers, no assembly, no special equipment. It's also easy to transport and serve. These walnut cake recipes include classics like coffee and walnut, Christmas cake and banana loaf. You can have Banana and Walnut Tea Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana and Walnut Tea Cake
- You need 100 gm of Butter softened -.
- Prepare 140 gm of Castor sugar powdered -.
- It's 2 of Eggs (at room temperature) lightly beaten -.
- You need 2 of bananas Medium ripe mashed -.
- It's 6 tbsps of Milk buttermilk / -.
- You need 225 gm of Wheat flour -.
- It's 1 tsp of Soda - bi - carb -.
- You need 1 ¼ tsps of Baking soda -.
- You need ½ tsp of Cinnamon powder -.
- Prepare ¼ tsp of nutmeg Grated -.
- You need ¼ tsp of Salt -.
A tea-time treat - packed with sweet honey. This is a very versatile and fast cake recipe. Not only is it moist and delicious, the same batter can be used to make banana bread and muffins. Delicious with chocolate or cream cheese icing.
Banana and Walnut Tea Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper..
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda-bi-carb, baking soda and salt (preferably sieve thrice)..
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar..
- Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time and continue beating..
- Blend in the chopped walnuts, bananas and 3 tbsp of milk. If the bananas are dry add a couple more tbsp of milk..
- Fold in the sieved flour a little at a time using a wooden spoon. Add the rest of the milk if required..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin..
- Bake for 1 hour. (After 50 minutes check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer into it. The skewer should come out clean. Also the top of the cake should be springy to touch.).
- Overturn on a wire rack and cool..
- Cut into slices and serve..
This cake is perfect for morning or afternoon tea. It's light and moist and jolly easy to make. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Add the eggs, milk, bananas, walnuts and then self-rising flour, stirring after each ingredient. Banana loaf cake chock full of ripe bananas, dates and walnuts.