Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Moist Banana and Walnut Pound Cake. The BEST Banana Walnut Loaf Pound Cake is a super moist, made from scratch recipe with mashed bananas and nuts. Great for breakfast, brunch or dessert. This has got to be the BEST banana walnut loaf cake by far!
Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. With all the flavors of moist banana bread and the thickness of a pound cake, this hybrid banana-nut cake is the perfect dessert combination! You can cook Moist Banana and Walnut Pound Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moist Banana and Walnut Pound Cake
- It's 100 grams of ○Cake flour.
- It's 1 tsp of ○Baking powder.
- Prepare 60 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It's 4 tbsp of Oil (Vegetable, canola, olive, etc.).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 of Banana.
- You need 1 of Walnuts.
- You need 1 of Lemon juice.
- It's 1 of (to taste)) (Honey.
Moist Banana and Walnut Cake is a community recipe submitted by piggyfair and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Moist, banana-ey, with a lovely crunch from the walnuts. All Reviews for Banana Pound Cake With Caramel Glaze. This keeps a cake fluffy and soft and moist without getting too tough or dry.
Moist Banana and Walnut Pound Cake step by step
- Preparation: Slice half a banana into 7 slices and set aside for the topping. Mash the rest and add some lemon juice. Add honey too if you'd like..
- Line the cake tin with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 180℃. Roast or microwave the walnuts if you can..
- Put the egg and sugar in a bowl and mix lightly with a hand mixer. Mix in the oil..
- Add the milk, the mashed banana and crushed walnuts to the mixer in that order, and mix. Set aside some uncrushed walnuts for the topping..
- Sift in the ingredients marked ○, and fold in using a whisk or a spatula. Note: Don't over-mix it once you've added the flour. The batter should be a little powdery..
- Pour it into the cake tin, drop it gently a few times, and smooth out the surface. Top with the banana slices and walnuts which you set aside..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180℃. It's done when a skewer poked through the middle comes out clean. Remove it from the tin and let it cool. All done!.
- It's easier to slice when cooled..
I would agree with others this cake isn't exactly a pound cake in texture but it's a lovely cake either way. Add walnuts to your banana cake for a moreish, nutty treat. We have loads of banana cake recipes that go perfectly with a cuppa any time of day. A moist banana cake studded with walnuts, which you can choose to make into a layer cake sandwiched with cream cheese icing, or simply enjoy plain. A moist pound cake recipe was the first cake that I learned to bake as well! 🙂 For this pound cake troubleshooting post, I baked Berries and cream (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or any other type of berry).