Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake.
You can have Eggless Banana Walnut Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of Atta/Maida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It's of big pinch Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Wheat bran (optional).
- It's 2 medium or 3 small of Ripe Bananas.
- It's 1/4 cup of Curd/yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- It's 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake step by step
- Sieve the atta, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon powder together atleast two times. This makes the cake very airy. And soft.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C. Grease & flour the baking tin. You can also line it with baking paper..
- Mash the bananas thoroughly with a masher or a fork..
- Coat the walnuts with some flour, this will stop them from sinking to the bottom..
- Mix oil, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, mashed bananas. Now add the dry ingredients and fold in gently. Now add the flour coated walnuts..
- Add the wheat bran and mix. This is optional, but increases the nutritional value of the cake..
- Add a little milk to adjust the consistency of the batter if it is too thick to pour. Pour the batter in the prepared tin. Add some whole walnuts on the top if you want..
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 180 deg C or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Every oven is different, so check after 35 minutes..
- Once done, remove and let it to cool. Unmould onto a cooling rack. Cut after it is completely cooled..
- Note 1. You can use white sugar instead of brown sugar. Brown sugar gives a nice caramelised colour and flavour. 2. Cinnamon and vanilla are only for flavour, you can add both or avoid either of it. You can also add either nutmeg or cardamom according to your taste. 3. Amount of sugar can be adjusted according to the sweetness of the bananas and your taste. 4. Adding walnuts is your choice. You can replace them with other nuts like almonds or completely avoid any nuts..