Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Orange-Lemon Bundt Cake.
You can cook Orange-Lemon Bundt Cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange-Lemon Bundt Cake
- It's of Cake.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It's 1 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5 of Eggs.
- It's 3/4 cup of Orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cream of tartar.
- It's of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Margarine (softened).
- It's 4 cup of Powdered sugar (confectioner's).
- It's 1/4 cup of Fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of Fresh orange juice.
Orange-Lemon Bundt Cake step by step
- Separate the yolks and the whites of the 5 eggs. Set aside..
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl..
- Add in the yolks, oil and orange juice. Mix until smooth..
- Add in the zest and continue mixing. Set aside..
- Beat the egg whites and add the cream of tartar. Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks are formed..
- Gradually fold beaten whites with tartar into the batter..
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the bundt pan with butter and sprinkle some flour..
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- While baking the cake, beat the softened margarine at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Alternately add in the sugar, orange and lemon juices. You may opt to add more orange juice one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency..
- Once baked, let the cake cool for about 10-15 minutes. This is important. If the cake is still hot when you spread the frosting, the latter will melt so let the cake cool..
- Slice the 'cake top' (the curved top of the cake) so you can get a nice flat top then I sliced the cake into halves so i can put frosting in between the layers..
- Cover the filled cake with the frosting and design however you want..
- I liked mine chilled so i left it in the fridge for an hour or so. Serve and enjoy!.