Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Banana And Walnut Cake. Add walnuts to your banana cake for a moreish, nutty treat. We have loads of banana cake recipes that go perfectly with a cuppa any time of day. Banana and walnut cake puts a really fruity twist on a classic teatime cake that everyone will love!
Wether it's in cake, bread, cupcakes, or muffins, I just love baking with bananas. Most of the time, I actually hope my bananas will go ripe before we can eat them! Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. You can have Banana And Walnut Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana And Walnut Cake
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 3 of over ripe bananas, mashed.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of refined oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of choco chips.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. Mash the bananas and chop the dates. Stir into the cake mix with the walnuts. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
Banana And Walnut Cake instructions
- Firstly, sieve the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt together, twice and keep aside..
- Now in a big mixing bowl, add mashed banana, oil, powdered sugar and vanilla essence, mix it well..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture in two three batches. Mix everything well by using cut and fold method..
- Adjust the consistency by adding milk. Consistency of the batter should be thick..
- Add walnuts, raisins and choco chips. Mix well..
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tin. Tap and garnish with some more nuts or choco chips..
- Bake it in pre heated oven for 35 minutes at 180° c..
- After 35 minutes bring the cake out of the oven and let it cool down completely. Demould it and cut into slices. Serve with cup of hot coffee or tea..
Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts. Leave to cool until thickened and opaque. Of the many and varied banana & walnut cakes that have passed my way. This is by far the best. Which brings me to my post today about my Dad and Banana Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe-his favorite cake!