Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Banana walnut cake. Banana Walnut Cake is a ridiculously easy one layer ultra moist banana cake loaded with flavor and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. This post is sponsored by The California Walnut Board. Add walnuts to your banana cake for a moreish, nutty treat.
Mix mashed bananas and milk together. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. You can have Banana walnut cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana walnut cake
- Prepare 240 gm of All purpose flour.
- It's 113 gm of butter (room temperature).
- You need 50 gm of powdered sugar.
- It's 450 gm of ripened bananas (mashed).
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of coffee powder.
- It's 120 ml of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped).
Banana cake recipe - Delicious, soft & moist banana cake recipe with video. This delicious banana walnut cake taste amazing when served warm with a cup of coffee or tea. It is delicious and very healthy as well. Use ripe bananas with this delicious, moist Banana Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Which brings me to my post today about my Dad and Banana Walnut Cake with Cream Cheese.
Banana walnut cake step by step
- Let's get started...a quick look at the ingredients. All ingredients should be at room temperature. Mix all the dry ingredients (All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and coffee powder) in a bowl and keep aside..
- In a separate bowl start creaming the butter and sugar. Beat it till the time you get pale colour mixture..
- Now add the mashed bananas(I had only 338gms of mashed bananas so adjusted the sweetness by increasing the sugar)and give it a mix and then add the dry ingredients. Just mix with the beater on low spead untill everything well incorporated (instead of beater you can use your spatula too).
- Now add the chopped walnuts (dusted with flour, so that they don't sink to the bottom) and gently mix it with the spatula using the cut and fold method. Now add the batter in 4"×9" linned loaf tin and place the tin into a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 40-45 mins in the middle rack with both the rods and fan on. Kindly note that every oven functions differently understand your oven baking temperature, timing and bake accordingly..
- To check if the cake is done insert a wodden skewers in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is done. Let the cake sit in the tin for 10 mins and then remove the cake for the tin and let it completely cool on the wire rack. Cut the cake only once it's completely cool and enjoy it with a cup of tea or just have it as is because anyhow you have it, it will taste good..
Put everything except the walnuts in a bowl and mix together, I personally use my hands and a spoon or fork to get the right consistancy. Banana and walnut cake puts a really fruity twist on a classic teatime cake that everyone will love! Bananas and walnuts are a match made in heaven and you won't be able to resist a slice with a cup. While most sponge cakes call for baking flour and some leavening agent like baking soda. It was the moistest cake I've ever eaten.