Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Yema Cake. Yema Cake made of fluffy sponge or chiffon cake with Yema frosting. Yema has been a Philippine delicacy for centuries, brought on by the Spanish during the colonial period. Hi guys today let me share to you my version of yema cake.
Many Filipinos fall in line whenever yema cake is served on the table to get a piece of it off the sweet Filipino dish. Let the chiffon cakes cool while you cook a creamy custard filling flavored with sweetened condensed milk. Want to make a yema cake but don't have a quick recipe on hand? You can have Yema Cake using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yema Cake
- You need of Chiffon (dry).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of cake flour or all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's of Chiffon (wet).
- You need 4 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- It's 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It's of Meringue.
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Yema frosting.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- It's 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It's of Toppings.
- It's of Grated cheese.
It results in a delicious and moist cake in minutes, making it the perfect cake for a weekday dessert. Yema cake is not a traditional Filipino cake but rather a new creation that most probably have been This cake is a type of chiffon or sponge cake infused with cream cheese then flavoured with yema, a. This recipe uses all-time Filipino favorite, yema, as the glaze for a creamy and delicious dessert! Yema Cake is a simple and delicious cake made from sponge or chiffon cake, filled and covered with egg custard "Yema Frosting" or "Dulce de Leche" and top with grated cheese.
Yema Cake step by step
- Mix dry ingredients, set aside..
- Mix the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients and mix well and set aside..
- Beat the egg whites untill frothy then add the cream of tartar and gradually add the sugar. Beat until soft peak and add to the chiffon batter..
- Pour the batter into 5 llanera. Divide it equally. Bake for 20 mins on 200-250 F or 95-121 C. If steam low heat for 20 minutes.
- Yema frosting. In a pan mix all the ingredients. Turn on fire to low heat stir until the mixture is thick. Turn off the heat and let cool..
- Assemble the cake and the frosting. Top it with cheese..
No cake would be more apt for MY celebration than yema cake. Yema , literally means egg yolks, but in the Filipino language it refers to a sweet made with a lot of egg yolks. Yema Cake Recipe is a great treat for everyone and is best served after or in between meals. With this, your family will love it and you can just have it every day. This Yema Cake Recipe makes use of Yolks, Butter and Condensed milk which results to a Caramelized This Yema Recipe is also the basis of the popular truly Filipino invention Yema Cake.