Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Fresh Banana Cake. Banana cake recipe - Delicious, soft & moist banana cake recipe with video. Banana cake recipe with video & step by step photos - One of our family favorite cake, that is made repeatedly for many. Paired with a decadent homemade banana curd, this is one recipe So because of that amazing surplus of bananas, I decided to make the world's best banana cake.
It's fluffy and moist, infused with banana flavor, and easy to make! Topped with luscious cream cheese frosting, this banana cake will become your family's favorite. This delicious banana cake filling recipe is an alternative to frosting for in-between cake layer or for a cupcake filling. You can cook Fresh Banana Cake using 22 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Banana Cake
- It's of Cake Batter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of Bananas.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of cake flour.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It's of Banana Cream Filling.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 of beaten egg yolks.
- It's 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Portsmouth Frosting.
- It's 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream.
- You need 1 tsp of spiced rum.
- You need 3 cup of confectioners sugar.
Don't throw out those brown Best Banana Cake Ever! — playin with my food. If you're wondering what to do with those ripe. Assemble the cake just before serving to prevent banana slices from browning. Add second Cake layer, and top with remaining Frosting and sliced bananas.
Fresh Banana Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9-inch square cake pan..
- Cream the butter, slowly add the sugar, and beat until light..
- Add 2 bananas, 2 eggs, & vanilla. Beat well.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, & 1/2 tsp salt; add to the first mixture and blend..
- Slowly add the sour cream and beat until well blended..
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean..
- Create the banana cream filling while the batter is baking..
- Heat the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan until very hot but not boiling..
- mix the 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp flour, and 1/4 tsp salt together in a bowl, stir in the hot milk, and beat until well blended..
- Pour back into the pan and continue stirring vigorously over low heat for 4-5 minutes, until very thick and smooth..
- add 2 egg yolks and cook for a few more minutes..
- Cool the filling mixture..
- Mash 1 banana and beat it until smooth..
- Add the lemon juice to the mashed banana and stir the mixture into the cooled filling..
- Make the Portsmouth frosting..
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, cream, and rum together in a bowl..
- Slowly beat in the sugar until thick and creamy..
- After baking, cool cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack..
- Split the cake and fill with the banana cream filling and frost with Portsmouth frosting..
This is the best banana cake recipe I've ever had! The secret is frozen bananas and the perfect cream cheese frosting. The most amazing banana cake recipe with tangy cream cheese frosting. Cream sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla. soda. Stir in bananas; diced and nuts.