Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate Banana Cake. This is a very moist & very fudgey cake. It tastes best the second day. This recipe makes a delightful banana cake packed with chocolate chips for a delightful way to enjoy a classic flavor combination.
One of the reason I chose to bake this cake was, I recently purchased a bundt pan and was waiting for a chance to use it. Chocolate Banana Cake is the perfect dessert for when you are short on time but need a yummy dessert. The addition of bananas to this recipe makes a box mix chocolate cake into a deliciously. You can cook Chocolate Banana Cake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Banana Cake
- You need 2 of Bananas -ripen.
- It's 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of Jaggery powdered or grated (increase or decrease as per your taste).
- It's 1/2 cup of Refined oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Curd.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk (can be increased to make batter smooth).
- It's 2 tablespoons of Chocolate chip.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of walnuts and almonds (optional).
This cake is the result of two people, each asking me to make their favorite dessert - one banana bread, the other a chocolate cake - but only. Rich, moist chocolate banana cake with my favorite sour cream chocolate frosting. Look over at your kitchen counter, do have any ripe bananas there? Are they just getting a little browner every day?
Chocolate Banana Cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C. Whisk together jaggery and oil. Mix well till jaggery melts and incorporated well into oil..
- Add curd, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder and mix well. Sieve all the dry ingredients. Mash the bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well with spatula. Add milk to the batter to make it smooth Add dusted chocolate chips to the cake batter..
- Pour the batter in a greased and dusted loaf tin or cake pan. You can use parchment paper as well. Garnish the batter with dusted choco chips !! You can also mix walnuts and almonds..
- Bake this in a preheated oven on 180 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or till the toothpick or knife comes out clean !!.
This chocolate banana cake is a moist and flavorful layer cake made with mashed bananas in the batter. Use your favorite frosting on the cake. You can bake this in round pans if you like, with the simple chocolate buttercream frosting as shown. As you may already know, I'm a sucker for everything. Recipe: Chocolate Banana Cake with Salted Peanut Butter Frosting.