Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Cafe-Style Banana Cake.
You can have Cafe-Style Banana Cake using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cafe-Style Banana Cake
- You need 150 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- You need 40 grams of Powdered sugar.
- You need 40 grams of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It's 50 grams of Almond flour (or almond powder).
- Prepare 100 grams of without skin Banana.
- Prepare 2 of Egg yolks.
- It's 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It's of [Caramel sauce].
- You need 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of + 3 tablespoons Water.
- It's of [Topping].
- It's 1 of Banana.
- Prepare 1 dash of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 dash of Powdered Sugar.
Cafe-Style Banana Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the inside of the tart pan with a thin and even layer of butter (not listed). Then dust with a layer of cake flour (not listed)..
- Allow the butter to return to room temperature. Add the banana to a food processor and blend into a thick purée..
- Sift together the cake flour and baking powder. Slice the banana for decoration into 1 cm slices and sprinkle with lemon juice..
- [Caramel Sauce] Add the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water to a pan and put on a high heat. When the mixture turns brown, stop the heat, add 3 tablespoons of water and mix together..
- Add the butter into a bowl and cream with a whisk. Then add the powdered sugar, brown sugar and salt and mix well..
- Add the almond flour into the mixture and mix. Add the egg yolks a little a time and stir in after each addition. Pour in the banana purée and mix again..
- Add the sifted cake flour and baking powder in 2-3 goes and fold in with a rubber spatula..
- Pour the batter into the tart pan and flatten out the surface. Arrange the bananas from Step 3 on top and press them into the batter a little..
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C. Then turn the temperature down to 160°C and bake for a further 10 minutes. Check to see if it's done by inserting a skewer into the center. If it comes out clean, it's ready!.
- Sift over some powdered sugar, pour over the caramel sauce and serve! Instead of making the caramel sauce yourself, you can also buy it at the shop..
- This cake is okay just out of the oven but tastes much better after a day when the flavours have had a chance to settle..