Delicious, fresh and tasty.
You can have Banana Cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Cake
- It's 3 of large ripe bananas mashed.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cinnamaon.
- It's 1/2 of salt.
- It's 3/4 cups of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 11/2 cups of buttermilk.
Banana Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the pan.
- Mash the bananas.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar till smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat till well combined. Then add the mashed bananas.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk and nixing each addition until well incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter will slightly thicken and a few lamps will form.
- Spread the batter into the greased tin, bake for 40 minutes or till when a toothpick comes out clean. If you find the top of the cake browning too quickly loosely cover it with aluminium foil.
- Remove the cake from the oven allow it to cool completely.