Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Upside Down Banana Cake.
You can cook Upside Down Banana Cake using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Upside Down Banana Cake
- Prepare of For the cake batter:.
- It's 2 of bananas mashed.
- You need 4 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 1-1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's of For the caramel layer:.
- It's 4 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw or brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of bananas sliced.
Upside Down Banana Cake step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the butter at room temperature and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix everything together..
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt along with mashed bananas and milk until it comes together..
- In a saucepan, to make the caramel layer, add the butter and raw or brown sugar, bring to a simmer and cook until your sugar has melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla..
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour the sauce in the bottom of a 9" cake pan, arrange the slices of bananas over it..
- Pour the batter over the banana and caramel layer, and bake for about 40 minutes (it might take a little more or less time depending on your oven) or until fully cooked through..
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, then invert it carefully on a platter..
- Allow it to cool for another 30 minutes, then slice and serve! If you slice it too soon without cooling it first, it might fall apart easily..
- Video on Upside Down Banana Cake is available on My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/IradaKitchen Enjoy! :).