Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Southern Livings Cream cheese pound cake.
You can cook Southern Livings Cream cheese pound cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Livings Cream cheese pound cake
- Prepare 1 packages of cream cheese at room temperature (8 oz.).
- It's 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need of cake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of butter-room temperature.
- You need 3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour (i use 1 1\2 cup cake flour and 1 1\2 cup all purpose flour).
Southern Livings Cream cheese pound cake step by step
- Preheat oven 300°F.
- Mix butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar and beat 5 minutes. Add eggs one of the time and allow to incorporate before adding more. Then stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and gradually add to mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a well grease and floured bundt or tube cake pan.
- Place two cups of water in an oven proof container on the rack next to the cake.
- Bake the cake at 300°F for 1 hour and 45 minutes until cake is done or toothpick comes out clean..
- After cake has cooled decorate as desired.