Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Walnut Banana Cake. Add walnuts to your banana cake for a moreish, nutty treat. We have loads of banana cake recipes that go perfectly with a cuppa any time of day. Banana Walnut Cake is a ridiculously easy one layer ultra moist banana cake loaded with flavor and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting.
Blend dry ingredients into batter alternating with banana mixture. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. You can cook Walnut Banana Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Walnut Banana Cake
- It's of (A) the cake.
- You need 40 g of melted butter.
- It's 40 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of mashed ripe bananas.
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need of (B) toppings (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 8 of whole walnuts.
- It's 1/2 cup of melted chocolate.
Mash the bananas and chop the dates. Stir into the cake mix with the walnuts. Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts. Leave to cool until thickened and opaque.
Walnut Banana Cake instructions
- Mix all the ingredients in section (A) together in a mixing bowl until smoothly combined..
- Cover pan with wax paper then pour in the batter..
- Bake in the oven on medium heat (200°C) for about an hour, or until fully cooked. to test, try inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean with no wet batter, it is cooked..
- Allow cake to rest outside oven for 30 minutes..
- Make a simple syrup using section (B) water and sugar. combine in pot and let boil for 5 minutes..
- Put in walnuts to candy them, let them soak in simple syrup for 10 minutes..
- (optional) coat your cake in the simple syrup for additional sweetness. decorate with the candied walnuts..
- (optional) melt chocolate and spread over the cooled cake, then decorate with the candied walnuts..
- Allow cake to chill in fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting up and serving..
Banana cake recipe - Delicious, soft & moist banana cake recipe with video. Banana cake recipe with video & step by step photos - One of our family favorite cake, that is made repeatedly for many. This delicious banana walnut cake taste amazing when served warm with a cup of coffee or tea. Take butter, sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add in mashed banana and egg and whisk well.