Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate Truffle cake.
You can have Chocolate Truffle cake using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Truffle cake
- You need of Sponge cake.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 of baking powder.
- You need 1 of baking soda.
- It's of milk.
- You need 4 of cocoa.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil or butter.
- It's 1 of vanilla extract.
- You need of Sugar Syrup.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 4 of sugar.
- It's of Icing.
- You need 2 cup of chopped dark chocolate.
- It's 1 cup of fresh cream.
- Prepare of Garnishing.
- You need 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- You need of grated chocolate.
Chocolate Truffle cake instructions
- Beat eggs and sugar in a dish till the mixture is double in volume..
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to the mixture.
- Add oil, vanilla extract and cocoa to the mixture and mix well..
- The mixture will turn very chocolaty, yet very thick. Add some milk to loosen it..
- The mixture now becomes smooth yet thick and still looks very chocolaty..
- Grease a baking dish with a little oil. And add the prepared batter to it..
- Set the microwave on max power and for a duration of about 5-7 mins..
- After the cake is done, insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake and pull it out. If it comes out clean, your cake is perfect and ready. If not, microwave it for a couple more minutes..
- Remove the cake from the dish and cur it into 2 horizontally..
- For sugar Syrup, bring the water and sugar mixture to a boil, and stir so that the sugar dissolves well..
- For Icing, heat the cream in a saucepan and keep stirring to make it smooth. Turn off the flame, add the chopped chocolate and mix well. Let the mixture cool..
- Place the lower half of the cake on a turn table or the serving dish..
- Pour half of the sugar Syrup over the lower half, spreading it evenly..
- Using a spatula or a knife, cover the top of the lower half with some of the icing..
- Place the other half on top of the lower half, and pour the remaining sugar Syrup..
- Use the remaining Icing to cover the top of the cake, and it's sides..
- For garnishing, decorate the cake with whipped cream (or heavy cream whipped well with sugar and vanilla extract), and cover it with grated chocolate..
- Allow the cake to set in the refrigerator for atleast 1 hour..