Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Rich Chocolate Truffle Cake for Valentine's.
You can cook Rich Chocolate Truffle Cake for Valentine's using 11 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Truffle Cake for Valentine's
- Prepare 100 grams of Dark chocolate.
- You need 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- It's 3 medium of size Egg white.
- Prepare 40 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 30 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need of Decoration:.
- Prepare 100 grams of White chocolate (confectionery chocolate recommended).
- It's 10 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 10 grams of Dark chocolate.
Rich Chocolate Truffle Cake for Valentine's instructions
- Finely chop up the dark chocolate, combine with butter and melt over a double boiler. Line the cake pan with parchment paper..
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl, add 30 g of sugar and mix until the mixture turns white over a 60℃ double boiler..
- Add Step 1 to Step 2 and mix well. (Keep the bowl on the 60℃ double boiler to prevent the chocolate from hardening.).
- Put egg whites in another bowl and whip. When the egg whites start to turn white, add 40 g of sugar littler at a time and whip up a stiff meringue..
- Take Step 3 off the double boiler and add it to Step 4 in 3 portions. Use a whisk to mix after the first addition. Use a rubber spatula for the second and third additions and mix..
- Add sifted cocoa powder and mix to eliminate the foamy texture of the meringue. Refer to ※ in Hints..
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake in a 160℃ preheated oven for about 40 minutes..
- The cake will have risen when it comes out, so gently press it down and leave it to cool..
- (A small trick) If you scrape off the surface of the cake, the cake will look nicer when it is ready. And also brushing rum (about 1 table spoon) on the surface of the cake will give the cake a nicer flavor..
- Finely chop up both chocolates for decorating and melt each in a separate bowl over a double boiler (Combine the white chocolate with butter)..
- The chocolate will be thicker if the double boiler is not warm enough and you will not be able to make a beautiful marble pattern. Make sure to keep the double boiler warm enough to keep the chocolate smooth..
- Pour the melted white chocolate on Step 8 and then immediately drop the dark chocolates onto it in drops. Use the tip of a knife, move it round and make a marble pattern. See ※2 in Hints..
- Leave the cake to cool and when the chocolate hardens, take the cake out of the cake pan and cut it into your desired size. (You can cut the cake nicely if you slightly warm up the knife when cutting.).
- The chocolate will harden at room temperature if it is not too warm. The cake will become too hard if you chill it too much, so instead of keeping it in the refrigerator, store it in a cool room (Store in a refrigerator if it is very warm inside)..
- I decorated the cake in the picture with 100 g dark chocolate and 10 g white chocolate. This looks more chic..
- The cake will be slightly bitter if you use dark chocolate. You can also use milk chocolate or sweet chocolate if you don't like the bitter taste..
- Using confectionery white chocolate will reduce the risk of failure. For the dark chocolate, a normal chocolate bar would be fine..